The Tumbling Bay Playground is an adventure playground for all ages of children constructed as part of the legacy phase of the 2012 London Olympics in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. It features audacious climbable structures made from interwined branches, tree trunks, netting and ropes as well and more orthodox timber structures. Where the nature of the structure defied conventional analysis, full scale load testing was devised to prove the structures.
The Tumbling Bay Playground is adjacent to the Timber Lodge.
- Selwyn Goldsmith Award for Universal Design, 2014 – winner
- Civic Trust National Award, 2014 – winner
- New London Awards, Public Spaces, 2014 – winner
- Landscape Institute Awards, Small Scale Public, 2014 – winner
- MIPIM Awards, Special Jury Award 2015 – winner
- MIPIM Awards, Best Urban Regeneration Project, 2015 – shortlisted